[P1] Airport Express question

Reid Conti rconti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 19:59:28 PDT 2004

Mike,

Yeah, that totally helps.  I understand, and I suspect the reason you
can "seamlessly" roam between base stations when they're wired/same
SSID/same channel is due to the client's network hardware, and has
nothing to do with any cooperation between base stations :)

This is no hugely big deal, I'm only living in the current place for 4
more weeks anyway.  In fact I might be able to move the cable modem
out here (living room), but last time I checked it only worked on ONE
of our three cable drops! :)

In the future I'll ditch the linksys that needs to be powercycled
every day or two to keep the wireless running, and either get a second
AE, or an AEBS.  Too bad the base stations still don't have onboard
switches, but i no longer need multiple wired devices (network printer
only), and now the AEBS has a 100mbit LAN port, i can always hook up
an external switch...

Looking forward to traveling with the AE, gonna be in Europe for 4
months... presto wireless connection anywhere I have an ethernet jack!
 Thank god for apple and their world power kits, so i won't have to
have a huge ugly block barely hanging on for dear life out of the
outlet.

- reid