[P1] iBook Hard Drive Replacement

Malcolm Cornelius malcolm at fireflyuk.net
Tue Jul 20 01:30:11 PDT 2004

on 20/07/04 05:11, William Carr at Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net wrote:

> I'd like to talk to anyone who's needed to replace a HD in an iBook
> 600.   I've done it on a Blueberry.   I know that Pbparts.com will do
> it for about $160+$40 shipping.
>
> I believe that Apple will do it, but would be the most expensive option.

Hi

I've done it many times - it is probably the hardest Apple laptop to work
on.

But it is still doable with care - make sure you note which screws go where
as there is a bewildering array of screws sizes in this machine.

The service manual makes it much easier.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk