Virtual Network Computing

Bob Gir. bobgir at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 23 11:29:06 PDT 2004

    Can anyone offer _any_ suggestions for a fix on this one???

    Two Mac computers.  Both running latest version of Panther and latest
versions of Share My Desktop (server) and Chicken of the VNC (client)
software trying to set up a virtual network connection.

    I have a DSL modem connected to a LinkSys wired router which is in turn
connected to my Desktop B&W G3.

    When I run SMD, the other party (running Chicken) can see my desktop and
manipulate objects on it using her mouse.

    When we change over, with me running Chicken and she running SMD, we
simply cannot connect.  I get a variety of alert message from Authentication
Failed to Connection Refused.

    We both have our firewalls off and the right ports enabled to do this.

    It used to work for me before I introduced the router into this equation
so I suspect it is something to do with that but don't know exactly which
setting I ought to be tampering with to get this thing working.

    Bless you for any suggestions,
    bob