[P1] I accidentally deleted photos from my iPhoto! Pls help!

Gary Galang snowdusk at freeshell.org
Wed Jun 2 19:49:33 PDT 2004

Thank you everyone for all your help!

I was able to recover 30 out of 75 photos using Robert's suggestion -
PhotoRescue... I bought the software.... I recovered the photos
straight from my Nikon SQ digital camera disk... since I already
formatted the disk after uploading the first batch of photos, I was
only able to recover the photos taken in the last batch... but it's
better than nothing. I tried this software to recover files from the
Mac HD but I was unsuccessful. Somehow it recognizes 3 partitions which
I did not create, there were images that came up but were not the ones
I was looking for. I suspect these partitions were created by Norton
Utilities 8 which I also purchased to recover my files from the Mac HD
but I was unsuccessful.

With Norton Utilities, I started up the Mac from the CD, used unErase,
didn't work... I then used Volume recover, my iBook dies while
optimizing the volume so I had to reboot everytime. I did it several
ways until I gave up. Perhaps it created the 3 partitions?

Oh well.. I gave up. having Norton Utilities in my iBook is good for
the future since I'm very careless. Photorescue will be great too if I
accidentally delete images from my digicam disk.

Thanks for all your help again...

Gary