[P1] Prolonging Battery Life

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Jun 22 00:32:35 PDT 2004

On 22/6/04 5:52 am, "Dave Wyman" <davewyman at imountainman.com> wrote (in
part):

> I haven't had this problem. If the battery is continuously plugged in,
> is there a very short cycle of charging and discharging? My battery
> level indicator never varies from showing a 99% charge when I keep it
> plugged in. (Of course, with my new wireless capability, I'm composing
> this e-mail sitting on my couch, on battery power.)

It will only show effects (and start the short charge / discharge cycle) if
used exclusively in this way for several weeks or months on end. If you are
using the portable on battery power (normal usage) once in a while as well
it shouldn't be nearly as much of an issue...

> Often when I travel with my iBook I don't need a battery - I'm going to
> use my car charger or will have an electrical outlet. I wish there was
> a battery compartment cover that didn't include the battery! That would
> save a significant amount of weight.

Agreed...any entrepreneurs out there?

Richard