Apple expands iBook logic board repair program

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 06:50:00 PDT 2004

Brian Pearce <bpearce at cloud9.net> wrote:
>According to MacMinute...
>
>"Apple expands iBook logic board repair program
>
>June 21 - 12:04 EDT - Apple updated its iBook Logic Board Repair
>Extension Program to include iBook models manufactured between May 2001
>and October 2003. The program, which was launched in January, covers
>repair or replacement of the logic board in iBook models that are
>experiencing specific component failures. The program originally
>included iBooks manufactured between May 2002 and April 2003. In April,
>it was expanded to include iBooks made between May 2002 and October
>2003."
Which now seems to include all the post clamshell iBooks up to 2003.10?
Am I correct that's every ice/snow iBook before the G4 iBooks?

Good news indeed! My dual-USB 500 wasn't part of either previous
incarnation of the LBREP but is now within the covered SN range. It has
no problems *yet*, but it's _very_ nice to know Apple will fix it if it
does.

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700