[P1] Prolonging Battery Life

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Jun 22 11:43:04 PDT 2004

On 22/6/04 3:57 pm, "patdart" <patdart at cox-internet.com> wrote (in part):

> You guys are scaring me to death about my battery life.  I keep mine
> plugged in (with battery inside) 90+ of the time and almost never
> discharge it more than to 75%.  Does this mean my battery life is
> losing every day?  I bought laptops primarily for the 'real estate'
> issue and almost never use them away from my desk.

The easiest way to find out how this may have affected your battery life is
to fully charge the battery and then unplug it and physically time how long
the battery runs for before it automatically goes to sleep. This will give
you an idea of the draining effect it has had over time. My experience was
that although the battery life was showing a long time it would go to sleep
within 15 minutes even while showing a time of over 2 hours...

How old is your battery?

> Also, another problem, I installed a new Airport Extreme a couple of
> weeks ago to replace a dead old Airport and it doesn't want to work
> when I'm not using direct power.  Any thoughts on why that is?

Is the network still visible when you are on battery power? Can you connect
and then it drops it or does it not let you connect at all? What version is
the firmware on the AEBS?

Cheers,

Richard