[P1] FMP files

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Jun 24 10:41:03 PDT 2004

On 24/6/04 2:01 pm, "Raymond P Reedy" <popreedy at comcast.net> wrote (in
part):

> I installed FMP 7 and am trying to find some of the folders created
> during the installation process. The log file shows this for instance:
>
> Type of Install: Easy Install
> Creating the installation folder: Mac HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 7:
> Created the Folder: Mac HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 7:FileMaker
> Pro.app:
> Created the Folder: Mac HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 7:FileMaker
> Pro.app:Contents:
> Created the Folder: Mac HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 7:FileMaker
> Pro.app:Contents:Frameworks:
> Created the Folder: Mac HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 7:FileMaker
> Pro.app:Contents:Frameworks:FMEngine.framework:
>

> I do a search in the Finder and have FileMaker Pro, but no .app and no
> sub folders. Are these hidden? If so, how do I display them?

If I understand you correctly you are looking for FileMaker Pro 7.app that
is mentioned in the following line above

> Created the Folder: Mac HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 7:FileMaker
> Pro.app

and from there you hope to find the subfolders that are mentioned in the
other lines...if this is correct:

The file name extensions are turned off and that is why you can find
FileMaker Pro 7 in the finder but not FileMaker Pro 7.app...the same thing
just one does not have the file name ending showing...to check this use a
right click on the FileMaker Pro 7 icon or entry and use the 'get info'
context menu item to bring up a new window with the properties of the item,
in this case FileMaker Pro 7 and if you check under name and extension arrow
marker on the left hand side the full name with the file extension will
show.

For the sub folders that are mentioned above you simply right click on the
same FileMaker Pro 7.app icon or item and in the context menu use the 'show
package contents' item to then bring up a further window with the
application contents and folders mentioned above...

Having now shown you where this stuff is I feel the need to warn you about
moving / changing / viewing or otherwise manipulating the contents of any
.app package contents...this can cause the app to no longer function
properly or become useless...use at your own risk...

If after all that you didn't actually want that but something else...Sorry,
just curse me and send another email with some further information about
what you want :-)

HTH,

Richard