[P1] how to get a date

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Fri Jun 25 10:26:28 PDT 2004

On 25/6/04 4:52 pm, "Linda L. Rowe" <mindfulway at mfx.net> wrote (in part):

> I did get to the point of choosing "show date and time... in menu bar"
> (wasn't clear about that, sorry), but all that gets shown is the time
> so I'm going with the crowded menu bar theory,( which mine is)  and lo
> and behold, when I click on the time, the date is there!  That'll work
> for me!

The format is the remaining piece to the puzzle you seek...

The current format for the date and time are taken from the standard set-up
and country when you first went through the welcome to OS X introductions
the first time you started after buying the iBook...thereafter or to
customize you need to go to:

In system preferences/international/formats button (in 10.3) change it to
what you want using the customize button...

You can also get to this spot by using date/time sys pref as well as it
shows up on the date/time button at the bottom with the 'to set date and
time formats, use international preferences and clicking on the 'open
international' button there...

This was at least true in 10.3.4, not sure if there were other settings for
earlier versions...

Either way hope this helps,

Richard