[P1] Yet another Airport question

Wayne wayne at fme.com
Thu Mar 11 13:00:24 PST 2004

> When I tried to access a friend's network - so I know there's no password
> protection - I could see the network but kept receiving a "server cannot be
> found message" when accessing the web. I did the setup by the book, but no
> go.
>
> I then ran the Airport setup assistant one more time. Voila. It worked.

After I installed my Airport in the new iBook, I could not access the
internet with the D-Link wireless router. The iBook was set-up correctly
with all the proper DNS info and TCP settings.

After I opened the Airport set-up, I went to servers and set it to default
and it immediately connected. I think you have to do this each time you
enter a new network so the Airport "sees" the wireless connection point.

Best Regards,

Wayne Schneck
Marketing Manager
FME