[P1] OT: Setting up Public Wi-Fi

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Fri Mar 12 20:18:52 PST 2004

> On Mar 12, 2004, at 11:01 AM, Mike Beede wrote:
>
>> Let's change it to something more realistic.  You leave your newspaper
>> on the table in the coffee shop.  Someone else reads it, and returns
>> it
>> when you ask.

Okay, how about this analogy:  I'm at the beach and someone on the next
blanket is playing a radio.  Is it ok if I listen, or do I have to ask
the radio's owner for permission?  I wouldn't even think of going over
and changing the radio station or turning up the volume, but I would
probably enjoy the transmission--or move to another part of the beach
if I didn't like the tunes.