[P1] OT: Setting up Public Wi-Fi

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Sun Mar 14 18:18:31 PST 2004

On Mar 14, 2004, at 11:39 AM, Brian Pearce wrote:

>> Ain't rationalization grand? We use it to choose a belief that allows
>> us to be comfortable with something that's ambiguous, or with
>> something that would create discomfort/guilt if we believed
>> differently.
>
> I'm inclined to agree with Harry on this, in this situation.

I'm not.  It isn't physical, it isn't intellectual, it has
an incremental cost of zero, and it's easy for someone to
say they *don't* want me to use it.  I guess I could say "we
can choose a belief in an ambiguous case that allows us to
feel moral superiority over others."  But that might be
a cheap shot....

	Mike Beede