[P1] Start Up & Sleep Problem - iBook 500 Dual USB - OS 10.2.3

Gary snowdusk at freeshell.org
Tue Mar 16 15:48:26 PST 2004

I just want to let you all know that the problem has been identified
and it is a damaged hard disk... I have replaced the old 15 GB HD to a
60GB HD and I'm very happy... My ibook is up and running, happily! It
cost me CAD 267.00 for the HD (Fujitsu) and CAD 125.00 for the
installation (I don't know how to install it so....), plus 15% Canadian
taxes.... It was painful in the pocket but it's really worth it!

It's the scratching sound that the HD makes it defective....

Thanks for everyone who has replied to my question.

Now I wonder what I should do with my old HD?

G.