Internal modem hanging

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 18 08:12:18 PST 2004

I have a Wi-Fi connection so the only time I use the internal modem is for
faxing, which I do with Page Sender, usually a great app.

However, when I run into a situation where a fax doesn't go thru after two
tries, the modem is somehow getting stuck and not turning off. When I try to
abort the unsent fax, the software tells me it's trying, but the fact is,
that line will be tied up for hours, stuck open. I've tried to find a way to
turn it off manually, but can't. I find the only way to get the modem to
free up is to restart, which is a pain.

Anyone know how I can "disconnect" the call without restarting?

Brian