[P1] Where to get those odd tools needed to open my ibook?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Fri Mar 19 09:26:57 PST 2004

They are torx head drivers.  Sear has nice ones at fair price,
like 3$+/- each singly, they have from #6(??) on up I think,
ie #6,7,8,9,10.  As I recall #10 was used for the titaniums (??),
the iBooks use a smaller.  Take your iBook to the store.  I have
read posts that taking apart a white iBook is very tricky, with
comments like there are several different sizes of torx or phillips
head screws you have to keep track of.  Google iBook hard drive
replacement, there are some instructions people have put on the
web of how they did it, I don't have the urls with me.

Radio Shack has the best phillips head set I've seen, like $7
for a set of six, the smallest 3 being quite small.  Here it's
in a small plastic box, blue bottom, clear top.

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Sid Barras wrote:

> Hi ya'll,
> does anyone know where to buy the tool needed to open my ibook (G3
> 800mhz, CD-ROM)?
> It looks like a very small hex head with one of the "faces" indented so
> that a normal hex head driver won't fit into the "well."
 . . .