: [P1] Airport favorites

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 20 05:32:26 PST 2004

On Mar 20, 2004, at 3:00 AM, iBook List wrote:

> From: B G <briang113 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [P1] Airport favorites
>
> I accidently clicked okay to save an airport
> connection in my list of connections. I would like to
> remove it
>
> Does anyone know how to remove it from the airport
> favorites list, without trashing the whole file?

Brian--
What OS are you using?

I am not quite sure what you mean by airport favorites, but to make
changes to your connection configurations in OS 10.3:
Open the Network Preferences, either by opening System
Preferences>Internet and Network Preferences, or under the
Apple>Location>Network Preferences. Use the Location pull-down menu; at
its bottom is Edit Locations. Click on that, and a window will open
where you can highlight the configuration and delete it.

OS 10.2 was similar, but the interface looked somewhat different.

If you're using OS 9, I *think* I remember that you can open the Remote
Access control panel and delete a configuration from there. That might
not be the best way to do it, though.

Hope this is what you are trying to do...

Mary