Slow logon to Panther

Gorjan Todorovski gorjan.todorovski at mobimak.com.mk
Mon Mar 22 23:37:53 PST 2004

  Hi,

Is it normal for Panther 10.3.3 to logon so slow, it takes about a
minute or so from the point that my desktop background is shown, the
dock appears and the menu bar (Finder) is open together with the files
that are on my desktop. Is this maybe because of the apps that I have
on the menu bar (Salling Clicker, iSync and fast-user switching)? In
this period of time I cannot do anything becauise of the stupid
spinning beach ball.

I have iBook 700 MHz with 256 MB of RAM.

... maybe I need to buy an PowerBook .... I would like that :)

Thanx!

Gorjan Todorovski
Oracle DBA
MOBIMAK