[P1] Firewire HD addition for iBooks

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 23 04:33:51 PST 2004

On 3/23/04 1:12 PM, "Alexandre Leroux" <alexandre at leroux.net> wrote:

> Having quickly filled my iBook's 60 gig, I'm looking for options. I
> though of adding a firewire external drive (external firewire cases,
> holding IDE HDs, are sold at ridiculous prices on eBay :-).
>
> Does these make a lot of noise? I remember my good old G3 Beige making
> airplane-class noise, I do not want adding an HD I'll regret!

I've got two external firewire drives that make no noise at all, other than
a very slight hiss from the disks when they spin.

Kirk

        My latest book: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/htde.html
 . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
 . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .