[P1] AppleCare question

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Fri Mar 26 16:48:42 PST 2004

>On 25/03/2004, at 22:10, Eric Richardson wrote:
>
>>So here I am still stuck in Korea and want to get some repairs on
>>my iBook G3 bought in America that is covered by AppleCare bought
>>in the US. So on looking on apple.com, there is like no way to get
>>any information on how to go about this that I can see. Anyone have
>>any suggestions?
>>
>>Eric
>>
>Is there not an Apple store in Korea, or a dealer at least?  There
>is one (closet sized) Apple store here in Taiwan, but a couple other
>chain stores will honor any Apple warranty.  I was in one tonight
>because  a friend of mine is having a problem with his PowerBook
>(bought in the US).  They said to bring it in, no problem.  The only
>hassle is that it's going to take a week to repair because, as the
>salesman put it, "this is Taiwan."
>
>Jean-Paul

In Seoul, if you are ever here, I have found an Apple dealer in
Yongsan Technomart, in Gangbyeon Technomart, and an Apple Store at
the COEX Mall. They didn't inspire a lot of confidence in me, but I
suppose I will have to trust them. It was probably mostly a language
problem. My minimal Korean is starting to expand but not a lot.

I saw your other answer, I will ask my friends here to look at the
site. I probably will go through the COEX store, I am going there
tomorrow for the Living Design Fair I think. Thanks, Jean Paul.

Eric