[P1] Spell checker?

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Sun Mar 28 10:42:52 PST 2004

On Mar 28, 2004, at 10:03 AM, patdart wrote:

> I set a friend up using an ibook I bought off eBay for her...a
> clamshell.  I loaded her with 9.1 and she's not interested in anything
> technical and it is primarily an email machine.  I loaded both
> Netscape and IE on it, but she wanted it very simple so I have her
> using Netscape for both browsing and mail.  She tells me that she
> needs a spell check app for her email (and frankly, I agree) and says
> it's not on Netscape.  I'm 4 hours away from the machine, but I'm
> wondering when I do go, what I can set her up with that will have a
> spell check or a separate program for her to use.  I'd move her to X,
> but I don't remember what ram that machine has, so I fear I can't do
> it as it is.  If I could Mail would be great, but I'm assuming I
> can't...
>
> Any ideas for me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pat

The best spell checking utility I've seen is Spell Catcher. It not only
can check selected text, but it can check on the fly, use its
"Glossary" feature to correct frequent typos or expand typed
"shorthands" into full text (even multiple lines of text if you want).
It includes an online thesaurus, and many features for modifying
selected text. It also comes with specialized dictionaries (medical,
legal, etc.) I relied on it so strongly in OS 9.x and earlier that I
delayed going to OS X until they had an X version.

As a fast-but-sloppy typist, I don't know what I'd do without Spell
Catcher!

<http://www.spellcatcher.com/>

Regards,

Harry Corsover

     Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
	CyberWize: The Home Business Solution
	Amazing Travel * Health * Tax Benefits
            <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
       <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562