[P1] touchpad too sensitive on yours like mine? (ibook G3800)

Ryan Duff Ryan at duff-duff.net
Tue Mar 30 19:28:12 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: iBook List [mailto:ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com] On Behalf Of
Mike Mellor
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:17 AM
To: iBook List
Subject: Re: [P1] touchpad too sensitive on yours like mine? (ibook
G3800)

On 3/30/04 3:00 AM, "iBook List" <ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
wrote:

> Subject: Re: [P1] touchpad too sensitive on yours like mine? (ibook
> G3800)
> From: PaulKurtz III <paulkurtz at mac.com>
>
> If you're running OSX, open up the mouse settings in system prefs and
> select "ignore accidental trackpad input."

I have that selected, but the mouse still jumps around when I type, even
if I'm careful.  I have had the same issue on my G3/800 and now on my
G4/800.

Mike

I was going to say that as well. I have it checked on my ibook g3 700mhz
and it still jumps around. I've resorted to plugging in my logitech
optical usb mouse when it's home to stop it when I type. There is one
other thing you need to do though if you plug in a mouse, under where
you'd select to enable "ignore accidental trackpad input" you need to
check "ignore trackpad when mouse is present."