[P1] filled up ibook?

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Thu May 6 11:56:14 PDT 2004

On May 6, 2004, at 10:44 AM, Don Hinkle wrote:

> I finally did this in my terminal on my 'book, and got this result:
> ls -l /var/vm
> total 131072
> drwx--x--x  12 root  wheel       408 30 Apr 17:59 app_profile
> -rw------T   1 root  wheel  67108864  5 May 07:02 swapfile0
>
> what I don't know, is whether it's good or "bad" to have a 6 MG
> swapfile like that?

If you just have one swap file, then you certainly can't delete it.
Even if you have several, and some *might* be leftover, I'd say that
you should regard these as untouchable unless you *really* know what
you're doing. The operating system is your friend - don't dork with it,
and it won't roll over and cough up stuff when you're counting on it to
do work.

SR
"Don't pull on that - it might be connected to something"  - Buckaroo
Banzai