[P1] new iBook

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Thu May 6 18:47:16 PDT 2004

I read mail on a couple of computers (Panther and Linux), and don't
like web-based mail. I tell Evolution (mail reader for Linux) to leave
the messages on the server, and tell Mail (Panther) to delete them
after 1 week. Then, as long as I check mail in Linux weekly, I have
received messages on both computers.

Of course, sent messages are only stored on the computer that sent
them... so it isn't true syncing.

Cheers,
-Angus

On 07/05/2004, at 11:03 AM, Steven Rogers wrote:

> On May 6, 2004, at 6:13 PM, Jon Patton wrote:
>
>> Have you tried iSync to sync your computers... of course your older
>> computer needs to be running OSX too.
>
> Looking through the iSync help info, it seems to "Synchronize contact,
> calendar, To Do, and Safari bookmark information", which is cool, but
> I'm really looking for something that would sync my documents and
> other user files.  Maybe there's a way to do that with iSync, and I'm
> just missing it . . .?
>
> I expect that synchronizing mail would be just too hard - so basically
> read mail on the web while on the laptop.
>
> As far as syncing files, I think that most of the time when I've been
> working on the laptop, I could just remember what I was working on,
> and copy it back to the desktop. But then if I want to hit the road a
> couple of days later with my "working environment" - I couldn't
> possibly remember all the documents I've tweaked over a day or two.
> That's the sort of syncing issue I'm trying to solve.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> ----------
>  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>                |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
> Traveler  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>

> <http://www.macresq.com>

Angus Wallace              o__     o__     o__     o__     o__
Flinders University        ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_
Fax: (08) 82013618       Enjoy gridlock today? No?  -  Ride a Bike!
a n g u s . w a l l a c e @ f l i n d e r s . e d u . a u