[P1] filled up ibook?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Thu May 6 23:42:25 PDT 2004

I believe the default virtual memory size is 80MB (OS 10.1 &
10.2, anyhow), so your 67,108,864 would be non-standard and low.
If the 1st swapfile (number 0, like yours) gets filled up, I
believe additional ones are allocated 80MB at a time.  If you have
a lot of RAM (384 is not "a lot"), depending on what software
you are using you may never be using the swap file anyhow.

 > I finally did this in my terminal on my 'book, and got this result:
 > ls -l /var/vm
 > total 131072
 > drwx--x--x  12 root  wheel       408 30 Apr 17:59 app_profile
 > -rw------T   1 root  wheel  67108864  5 May 07:02 swapfile0
 >
 > what I don't know, is whether it's good or "bad" to have a 6 MG
 > swapfile like that?
 . . .