[P1] email assurance replies spam

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat May 8 14:21:14 PDT 2004

> Any thought about blocking people with this kind of software from
> subscribing, so they stop sending this spammish stuff?

Unless they've signed up for the service, or unless someone
specifically asks this question before adding them to the list, there's
not much that can be done to ward off this stuff ahead of time.

Personally, I just create a filter that sends them straight to the
trash. To be honest (and please don't take this personally, Tom, it's
not directed at you), it's much more irritating to have to read the
comments *about* these messages than to have to filter the messages
themselves.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
http://www.redjacketpress.com