[P1] scanner advice

Jim Shimozawa kotonk2 at mac.com
Sat May 15 08:25:45 PDT 2004

On May 15, 2004, at 6:11 AM, Larry Kollar wrote:

>> Myself, I chose to purchase the Canon Powershot A80, a 4 mp wonder
>> that I
>> recommend highly. It works very well with my Canon i860 photo printer.
>
> I second that recommendation. I have one as well. It's extremely
> versatile;
> it has full auto mode, full manual mode, and just about anything in
> between.

My current favorite digital camera is the Canon A70. I bought one for
my two teenagers, like it so much I bought another for myself.
This model has been discontinued now (replaced by the A75 model) and
that means lower price - if you can find one.
Here is a camera that is simple enough for casual shooters, yet has
enough bells and whistles for anyone wanting to learn
photography. I put a multi-color Apple sticker on it - and it looks
great next to my G4 tower & iBook. I'll be selling my Nikon coolpix 950
on eBay soon.