[P1] Cameras (was: scanner advice)

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Sun May 16 17:32:40 PDT 2004

>>> Myself, I chose to purchase the Canon Powershot A80, a 4 mp wonder
>>> that I
>>> recommend highly. It works very well with my Canon i860 photo
>>> printer.
>>
>> I second that recommendation. I have one as well. It's extremely
>> versatile;
>> it has full auto mode, full manual mode, and just about anything in
>> between.

My in-laws took us with them to a reunion (so we could drive & take pix
:-) last
night. I got a 128MB CF card at the same time I got the camera, and
they had
me taking shots of each couple (about 20) and various mixes of people.
Others
were doing the same & kept dropping out to swap film; I just kept
shooting. It
really boggled them when I shut off the camera, pulled out the CF card,
and
told them that's where all the pictures were.

Only gripes with the A-series Powershots is the lack of a 2nd strap
"eye" for
use with a neck strap (it only allows for a wrist strap) and I'd like
it if the mode
selection dial wasn't so easy to knock to a different setting. (I'd
absolutely
love it if the shutter & aperture settings had dial switches instead of
using a
menu to set them too!)
--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."