[P1] Suremail Permission Based System responses

walter wbp at tesco.net
Tue May 18 04:34:47 PDT 2004

Hi Malcolm,

no, it doesn't seem to work like that because my postings to the list
do get through, despite the suremail message saying that they had been
deleted until I register with them.

That fact in itself is enough to let one smell a rat, I think. And my
guess is that they harvest email addresses for spam purposes precisely
in that way. They don't do it openly off the postings on the list, but
if you register with them I bet there is a little clause somewhere in
the small print that allows them to sell off your address to spammers.

I do use this address only for discussion groups and the rest of it,
but it is still one of my spam-free addresses and I intend to keep it
that way.

> From: malcolm cornelius <Malcolm at fireflyuk.net>
> Subject: Re: [P1] Suremail Permission Based System responses
>
> Isn't this just an approval system - so of course it is receiving mail
> for the user and until you confirm that you are real and not a spammer
> - your mail sits on their server and doesn't get thru

Hi Jean-Paul,

I did 4 days ago, but got no reply yet.
Best,

Walter