Which to choose...?

Thomas Bridgeland tmbridgeland at ybb.ne.jp
Fri May 21 02:43:23 PDT 2004

I have a pleasant dilemma. I blew out the ethernet port on my old iMac,
so I went into the store to see how the warrantee was. Hey, they said
that up to about $500 they will repair it at no charge to me. That
warrantee only cost me $30 four years ago. Nice. So I asked if I could
use that instead on a new Mac. Sure thing! Up to the repair cost. As I
understand it, to replace the ethernet port they would have to replace
the whole board it is attached to, so the cost will add up fast. I'll
probably end up with most of that $500 to spend on a new Mac. So I am
wondering, get another iMac, an eMac, or a laptop, probably an iBook.
But I just bought an iBook last summer and don't really need a new one.
I prefer using a desktop as a desktop machine, laptops are too cramped.
On the other hand I will be moving soon, so a laptop would be practical
for that. Hmm. Either way I went I would be happy. What do you think of
the pros and cons?