[P1] ibook processor

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun May 30 16:24:06 PDT 2004

On 30/5/04 7:49 pm, "Robert Gunter" <rgunter at vt.edu> wrote (in part):

> does anyone know for sure what type of G4 Apple is using in the new
> 1ghz 12 inch ibook?  I'm probably going to get one next week and was
> hoping it'd use the 7447a.  I couldn't find a definitive answer
> anywhere.

You're right it isn't easy to find...too new I suppose. Welcome to the list
and (hopefully soon) to the iBook!

It appears to indeed be the 7447A, as the pdf document 'iBook Developer
Note' from the Apple website at:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh
_CPUs-G4/iBookG4/iBookG4.pdf>

mentions on page 78 suggests:

'Information about the PowerPC G4 microprocessor is available on the World
Wide  Web at'

<http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC7447A&no
deId=018rH3bTdG8653>

Which brings up a Motorola website page with MPC7447A: Host Processor as the
title.

HTH,

Richard