[P1] I accidentally deleted photos from my iPhoto! Pls help!

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon May 31 01:01:36 PDT 2004

I don't use iPhoto much, but is it possible that you had some files
in Trash from other stuff you had done?  And that's what the alert
message was talking aobut?  I recall there was a discussion about
apparent accidental deletion of iPhoto images on some mailing list
I read (I would guess this iBook list or the tiBook list), and it
turned out that the delete involved was just of some aliases, and
the original files were still where iPhoto actually keeps them.
The discussion was maybe a couple of months ago?  Also try a Google
search, maybe on "iPhoto" "deletion" "recovery" or something like
that, I vaguely recall that the discussion mentioned the problem
wasn't uncommon.

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Gary Galang wrote:

> I tried that already but Undo was not highlighted.... What I did was I
> went to iPhoto Library, then I highlighted the ones I wanted to
> delete... then I went to Trash, click empty it, and then I received a
> message saying I would not be able to recover the files once I empty
> the trash... i still did it thinking that i have the back up photos in
> one of the folders i have in my HD, I placed all the edited photos in
> this folder...... I didn't realize that this same folder is the same
> folder iPhoto was using to store the photo files! Then my nightmare
> started.....
 . . .