[iBook] ibook Problem

Michaelj mjm1n at cox.net
Fri Nov 5 15:15:17 PST 2004

I am running a G3 600 ibook with OS 9.2.2 and OS 10.3.5.
When I try to start a Classic program in OS X the popup box comes up and says: "There is a problem with updating Classic specific files"  Classic was unable to update its files in "system folder" on "iBook HD".  The problem even persists when trying to start classic in system preferences.  I can boot to OS 9 and all works well, but when I boot to OS X, all works well except "Classic"  Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix without a complete reinstallation?  Please Help!