[iBook] Re: Freezing and Sleeping problems

Tom Meade tomnet at gte.net
Fri Nov 5 18:07:07 PST 2004

Recently went through every software manipulation from
Archive & Install new 10.3.3, DiskWarrior directory rebuild,
resetting Energy Saver controls, etc. to shock my 14" G4 iBook
into awaking from sleep w/o freeze - and avoid the need for a
hallf dozen restarts just to boot up. The only non-stock component
is a 1/2G of Kingston RAM. As I'm a couple months out of the
90-day software support period I had to spring for $49.95 charge
to even get Apple to talk about it. Long story short, they believed
me about steps I'd taken, added a PMU reset and when that failed,
sent a shipping container to take it the 'book under the one year
hardware warr. I don't think the charge to my credit card will apply.
We'll see where this goes - will post the outcome.
Tom