[iBook] Does anyone have an iBook that smells?

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 9 06:58:59 PST 2004

On 11/9/04 3:47 PM, "MTH" <nikon80x at mac.com> wrote:

> Do you know if the sticker can be easily removed by the user? I would
> definitely like to head this off before it becomes a problem for me and
> my iBook.

Not on mine - it was some kind of industrial-strength stinky glue. I tried
removing it, but, in any case, the heat had already caused the glue to
change its molecular form and turn into blech. I don't know if this is an
issue on more recent iBooks - mine was a G3 800 iBook (which was handed down
to my son), and I now have a G4 933, which is, I guess, about a year old. No
smell yet.

Kirk

                Co-author of: Take Control of Panther Vol. 1
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France