[iBook] G4 PB or iBook?

Dan Li danli2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 23:28:12 PST 2004

Hi Albert,

Since you are a student, you might get education discount if you buy
your laptop from Apple Store online. You may save $100 for ibook or
$200 for powerbook.
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html

I just bought my 12' ibook 3 weeks ago and am quite satisfied with it.
Not knowing too much about powerbook, I think ibook is a good choice
for a mac newbie as me. ;) Anyway, I'd like to choose a model with
bigger screen next time. It's kinda hard to type my term paper on
ibook with font size 12.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Dan Li

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:46:38 -0800 (PST), Albert <al-bee at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there, I'm a student looking to shell out a bit to
> replace my trusty, but overworked G3 300mhz clamshell.
> Priority-wise, I'm looking for something with a good
> battery life and lightweight.
>
> Would someone be kind enough to paint a picture of how
> I might choose the Powerbook or the iBook?
> I'm assuming I'd probably be getting the 12" version
> of either model as well in order to maximize battery
> use.
>
> Thanks,
> Al
>
> P.S. Side note hardware question: Some of the keys on
> the top-right corner of my clamshell's keyboard seem
> to depress with a slightly louder noise like it's
> hitting the hardware underneath - Can this be remedied easily?

TIMELINE
http://blog.lidan.net