[iBook] G4 PB or iBook?

Reid Conti rconti at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 03:21:12 PST 2004

I love my ibook 12", 600mhz.. been using it for almost 3 years now.  I
plan to finish college before replacing it (although I had originally
wanted to upgrade to a 12" powerbook, I'm saving money instead).  I
don't think the screen is too small at all.  Type in word, sometimes I
use 100%, sometimes 125%.. no big.  I do wish it was a wider screen,
but I have no problems with font sizes.  Occasionally I do feel a bit
pinched with my workspace though, but I'm used to doing desktops at
1600x1200.

The MAIN reason I wanted to step up to a 12" powerbook (other than the
cool factor) was to do higher resolutions on my 19" CRT.  I hate
1024x768 on a huge monitor.

But I'm studying in France right now, so I left the 19" at home.  I've
been using the 12" display for months, no problems.  I also used it
all summer, including working 8 hours a day on the weekends using it.
Sure, it's no 19" 1600x1200 display, but honestly, I don't miss the
19" at all.. since I end up with the same workspace size no matter
what.

If I go powerbook, I'd be torn between 12" and portability, and 15"
and widescreen.  There's a rumor that the next powerbooks will have a
13 or 13.2" widescreen.. that could be cool!  Portable and widescreen.
 I always run out of width on the screen before height.  Anyway, not
much sense in going with the pbook unless you're gonna be running a
huge monitor off of it, IMO.

- reid