[iBook] ibook overheats+crashes. apple did not fix it

Fearsome Orange fearsome.orange at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:28:22 PST 2004

One other thing you could do, which I have found helpful (my iBook
also heats up, although i don't get any crashes, knock wood) is to buy
a very cheap heat-dissipating tray to sit the laptop on.  I have two,
one for my desk at home, which is raised a bit, and one for traveling
that is just a flat one.  Both of them have USB-powered fans in them
and I find it really makes a difference.  They each only cost me about
15 bucks (here in Taiwan.  YMMV).

Jean-Paul