[iBook] OT: burning large files to a CD

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Tue Nov 23 07:37:18 PST 2004

Hmmm, sure. But 800 is ~20% increase on 650mb (being the original spec for a
CD). I dunno if this is what was meant though.

There are uses for high capacity cds (as opposed to DVD-Rs), for instance in
portable cd-players, or for a computer that lacks a DVD-ROM, or fora VCD
player, etc...

It's my understanding, however, that high-capacity CDRs are less reliable. You
may want to consider that if you plan to use them for archival purposes...

Cheers,
-Angus