[iBook] Re: Airport csrd slot

BG briang113 at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 24 10:00:31 PST 2004

I was interested because sony has a g wireless card that is the same
format and fit as the original airport card. Of course the problem was
that Sony did not use the Broadcom chipset on this card like their B
card.

	Sony VAIO® 802.11g  PCWA-C300S

Since current Apple software only supports Broadcom chips it was a no
go.

Luckily Orange Ware has release a software Hack/ Driver that now allows
for other wireless cards to work.

I found a Sony card for a reasonable price, so i am going to do a
little playing around and see if I can get Wireless G on my iBook.

Here is the link to their page.

http://www.orangeware.com/endusers/wirelessformac.html

I will let you know how it goes.

BG