[iBook] iBook Gaming

S. Douglass sloppyagape at christian.net
Mon Oct 4 12:05:04 PDT 2004

I am not a serious game player. It's just a nice way to pass the time.

I am curious about Sim City 4. Will it play on an iBook 700?

Sys requirements are not to terrible. It will run on a high end G3.

What I want to know is... Will the video card in the iBook 700 support it.
Different sites say different things. One sight lists working video cards
and any Radeon is supported, which the iBook 700 has. Aspyre says it takes a
32mb card to say. A couple of folks from the Mac Addict Forums say you can
in fact, run it on the 16mb Radeon just fine.

Anybody have any personal experience?

Sooner or later I am bound to buy a few new games. There are a few titles
out there I wanted to try, but could not because of the 8mb ATI card in my
iMac. Nothing to hard core or intensive, but looked like fun. How does Black
and White play?

Anybody have any games that they love that are perfect for the mid range
iBook?