[iBook] sleep (or lack of it)

Pam Sorooshian pamsoroosh at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 10 00:58:00 PDT 2004

Hi -
Just got my 900 mhz, 10.3.5, G3 - back from its second logic board
replacement. They also did a cdrom/dvd upgrade.

Problem is - ibook won't stay asleep. Whether it tries to go to sleep
automatically or I choose to put it to sleep, it goes blank, the little
light on the front pulses once, and it wakes right up. It does this
over and over if the lid is closed. I hear clicking under the upper
right area under the keyboard.

Also - once it has tried to sleep, the cursor gets hard to control -
jerky and won't go all over.

I've restarted the computer and I've turned it off and used
shift-ctrl-option-power to reset the pmu. Neither of these made any
difference.

Help??

-pam