[iBook] replacement harddrive suggestions

Justin Herald justin.herald at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 10 19:35:57 PDT 2004

I would suggest going with an external firewire my self, you would
spend a little less. Plus, depending on where you go, it might be best
not to trust your iBook to the store. I had my hard drive replaced at
CompUSA (it is free when you buy the hard drive, but they try to get
you to pay extra for services like data transfer). They ended up
breaking my iBook, but gave me a 600 MHz over a 500 that I put in.

You also have to think about your battery life. With a faster internal
HD, your battery life will go down respectively.

Unless you really need the hard drive internal, I would say external
all the way.