[iBook] Hard drive strategies

Keith Parker parker at stlouissedans.com
Sun Oct 17 10:27:44 PDT 2004

Hey Listers,

I been lurking for years, but now I have a question.

I just assembled an external 80 GB firewire hard drive, it works great,
but with all of this newfound real-estate I'm not sure just how to
configure it.

I'd like an exact duplicate of my internal 30 GB drive, and I'd like to
keep the ability to take this drive to another Mac and use it as an
emergency back-up. I have Retrospect Express, but I'm not sure if it
changes the file formats or not.

How do you simply synchronize the 2 drives daily, preferably at night,
I sleep the iBook when not in use. Only a little data changes daily,
but it's very important to me. I just want to have the same settings,
bookmarks, email etc.

TIA everyone 8-)

Parkerdude