[iBook] Ibook g4 doesn't see network after starting up

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 17 12:28:51 PDT 2004

On Oct 17, 2004, at 12:50 PM, gordens wrote:

> If the ibook doesn't see the wireless network, what could be the
> culprit?  I'll get a message about an error trying to join the
> network.  We open internet connect and won't be able to choose the
> "default" network... however, if you keep trying enough times, it will
> join up.
> This is a new problem - about a week ago it started.  Every component
> is new - air port card, router, ibook.
> Where do you look first?
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: gordens <gordens at cox.net>
>> Date: October 15, 2004 7:01:33 PM EDT
>> To: "A place to discuss Apple's iBook computers."
>> <ibook at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>> Subject: Re: [iBook] iBook G4 losing wireless connectivity to router
>> <ibook at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>>
>> My 933mhz G4 iBook with airport card seems to have developed a
>> problem with acquiring wireless router connection.
>> Seems to happen when I wake it up from sleep.
>> I'll open up Systems Preferences - Network, and re-configure for
>> airport connection.
>> Sometime this works and then sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts
>> before it reacquires.
>> I'm connected now and I've locked network settings, thinking this may
>> help.
>>
>> Any thoughts?

Have you checked for any updates from Apple Computers?

Check out this web page:

There have been a series of patches over the past 6 months regarding
wireless connections.   Was the card installed from the factory (i. e.
built with it) or was it installed by someone (i. e. a technician or
yourself)?

Have you tried to re-install the AE card?