[iBook] Re: iBook battery

Brandon M. Bost bmbost at joimail.com
Thu Oct 28 23:06:39 PDT 2004

On 10/29/04 12:31 AM, "Barnard Madsen" <bmadsen at comcast.net> wrote:

> I got my iBook dual USB used and had similar problems with the battery
> (didn't hold a charge).  I bought a new battery and now I get nearly 5
> hours per charge.  My IT guy at the office told me when you to install
> a new battery (in your case, one that hasn't been used or charged), you
> should charge it up to 100%, then use it and let it drain all the way
> down before charging it to 100% and then draining it down.  This is
> supposed to give it the capacity to hold a charge longer.  It seems to
> have worked with my new battery.

Has anybody had their battery percentage drop a pretty good bit and go
immediately into sleep?  When I first got my iBook a year ago, they put a
brand new battery in it, and I didn't have any problems whatsoever.  Here
recently, I've noticed that whenever the battery gets down to roughly 25%,
it automatically goes to 0 and puts my iBook to sleep, in which I have to
plug it in to get it back to going.  I've pressed the PMU reset button and
recallibrated the battery (as described above), yet it's still doing it.
Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Brandon M. Bost