[iBook] simple question ?

Justin Herald justin.herald at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 15 18:14:53 PDT 2004

OS X Login security grade? I doubt that very much. It offers nice
looking features, but only takes about 5-10 minutes for a novice user
to work around it if it is configured somewhere around 50% of it's
potential. 100% of it's potential gets annoying most of the time, but
provides much needed security for pretty much anyone.

OS 9 is a pretty insecure OS locally. Just like windows 9x, and Classic
Mac OS, it wasn't built for multiple users. It is assumed that anyone
who is allowed around the system is allowed to be.

If you can't upgrade, the best idea is to use LockOut as well as
something to encrypt your files should someone gain access. PGP is good
for this.

Hope I helped.