[iBook] interesting HD behaviour

Alexandre Leroux alexandre at leroux.net
Mon Sep 20 06:08:25 PDT 2004

Le 04-09-20, à 3:51 am, Angus Wallace a écrit :
> and the system will go unresponsive. It hasn't crashed,
> because every 10 seconds, iTunes will play several seconds of music,
> and then
> stop again). The only solution seems to be to force reboot:

I had exactly this problem last spring. Doing Command-Q as soon as it
started eventually allowed me to get back to normal state, and I did
reboots just to be on the safe side.

This was very annoying. If I remeber correctly, there wasn't a special
combinaison of software -other than iTunes- that started this "bug". It
stopped after a few weeks after (if I remeber correctly again) doing
some system update.

But your system is already up-to-date ! I guess you already tried
repairing permissions. Do you have an external HD?

I'm pretty sure your HD -is- ok. It's really software related and
iTunes is one of the suspects.

Good luck

Alex