[iBook] Install an Apple internal Bluetooth module??

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Sep 21 13:40:43 PDT 2004

On 21/9/04 7:51 pm, "DavisADM at aol.com" <DavisADM at aol.com> wrote (in part):

> Can this be done?   I am looking to install an Apple internal bluetooth module
> in an iBook G4/800.   I made the mistake of not ordering it when I bought the
> iBook.   Where can I find the module, and what does it take to install it?

Yes but its not for the faint of heart. The items consist of a Bluetooth
Board, a Bluetooth antenna with attached cable a holder for the Bluetooth
antenna and a cable between the motherboard and the Bluetooth board.

I tried to find the part numbers but haven¹t been successful to date.

You can download the complete service manual for the iBook G4 (among other
things) at the following website:

<http://home.earthlink.net/~strahm_s/manuals.html>

And is described on pages 76-79.

Please be aware that the nice person providing this service is no doubt a
private individual and also therefore limited bandwidth...

Be careful about what you are doing and realise that the warranty will no
doubt be void if you start taking the iBook apart. I assume no
responsibility.

Hope this helps!

Richard