[iBook] What battery life, and HD woes

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Tue Sep 21 23:35:04 PDT 2004

Hey all,

thanks for all the suggestions. Particularly fsck! (I'd completely forgotten
about that one).

I didn't end up using it, because I reformatted, and reinstalled. The HD test
seems ok now..

Although something interesting - World book still doesn't work. I think I must
have a problem in ~/Library because I copied that back, and it's busted...
bummer..

Also, re batteries:

> I was always careful
> to fully charge and fully discharge it.)

This is not beneficial to modern (i.e LiIon) batteries. In fact, it is actually
bad for them. It's best to keep them as charged as possible, as much as
possible.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion for more info...

Again, cheers all!

-Angus