[iBook] ibook/airport reception issue

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Sun Sep 26 15:02:07 PDT 2004

> I have a recently-acquired 800mhz icebook running Panther with an
> airport extreme card installed, and I get unbelieveably bad reception.

Just checking in after being offline for a couple of days.

I've been under the impression that the antenna goes through the hinge
& around the screen on iBooks, which would explain their normally
excellent reception. It might be possible that the cable is broken or
kinked. The G4 iBooks haven't been around long enough that the warranty
has expired, even if you don't have AppleCare.

And if it's a G3 iBook, it doesn't "do" Airport Extreme, you need to
swap in a regular old Airport card.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."